Saturday, April 30, 2011

Writing Challenge: April

 I doubt I'll be finishing a project this month either, but I have gotten over 50K words written, so I'm calling it a win. The fact that over half of those were written in the last three days...well, we'll call that a minor miracle.

The Night Shift, is over halfway done, and rolling along quite well actually. My new project (the one that's grown so quickly) is The Rules of Engagement (working title) and at current count over 26K. It's been causing some late nights...

Writing query letters to send out, trying to figure out what a query blast is, if you know please comment, and trying not to eat all of the Easter candy in one fell swoop.

While the point of this year was to finish projects, I can't argue with word count and I am writing inordinately more words than I normally do. I've noticed something else too, my early drafts are getting cleaner and sharper with each passing month. The first project I finished, A Nefarious and Evil Tale, needs a serious revision, which reminds me to announce next year's challenge.

The Year Long Revision Challenge!

That's right, I'll be revising, finishing, revising, editing, revising, etcetera, a novel a month starting in August with... A Nefarious and Evil Tale. I'll put up a full schedule later.

No comments:

Post a Comment