Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome to the Jungle

I have finished the erstwhile Adder's Breath, and changed the title to The Hanged Man's Ghost. See, that's much better. Currently it's under review in a contest I submitted to.

Fingers crossed everyone. Post my losing the contest, I'll be sending it off to whomever I can think of. Meanwhile, book two, The Night Shift is moving right along. I was surprised actually, I usually need a rest period between sequels but this one was being very insistent.

In other news I've been reading. Like, a lot. My count for the year, (thus far) is forty-two. (I'm including manga/graphic novels in this count, so sue me). Currently I have Joseph Delaney's Clash of Demons and Kim Harrison's The Outlaw Demon Wails, sitting on my floor waiting to be read. I just finished up Found, by Sarah Prineas and Conspiracy of Kings, by Megan Whalen Turner, Gen's antics, as per usual, left me both speechless and awaiting the next book.

I finished up the Codex Alera series (thank you local library), it ended very satisfactorily, which I cannot say was true for the Cirque Du Freak series, which I also finally finished. That last book left a sour note in my brain I scrubbed away through liberal applications of Jasper Fforde with First Among Sequels. Still trying to get my hands on the new one, One or Our Thursdays is Missing, but it only came out a week ago so...I'll have to patient.

I am still job hunting. I have a portfolio slash resume online for perusal. At this point I'm getting more than a little desperate.

Yeah. More than a little.

In other news I did, finally, get a yes from a publisher and will be putting forth my very first e-book publication in a few months. I'm pretty excited about it, but that means I have some work to do between now and then, and let's face it people, that's a gamble. I'll be promoting my butt off to make a sales amount that can aid in my efforts to pay off debts, feed myself, and obtain housing arrangements on my own terms.

Seriously, I just want a job. I just want to make a living, get my own place and live like a normal "grown-up" person.

Is that so much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment